Friday, November 21, 2008

simple woman’s daybook

For Today...

Outside my window
the sun is shining and a heavy blanket of snow has softened the landscape. It’s beautiful.

I am thinking of family and hoping all are holding up; my husband’s brother in law passed away this week, my daughter was in the ER the other night suffering from a bad case of pleurisy, her mother in law is in ICU this morning with a presumed stroke and my twin sister is awaiting results to confirm she doesn’t have cancer.


I am thankful for everything that makes life what it is, because without darkness, we would not know or appreciate the light.


From the kitchen I smell the spiciness of apple pie filling just made.


I am wearing my blue thermal nightgown and an apron, lol!


I am reading my “to do” list

I am hoping the weather warms up a bit and the roads stay clear.


I am creating pies; Dutch apple and apple cranberry.


I am hearing the refrigerator humming and the dog snoring.


Around the house... I am waiting for my daughter, her DH and my grandaughter to arrive with dogs in tow for the weekend.


One of my favorite things is not thinking too hard.

I am looking forward to a nice warm shower and a piece of pie and seeing my family.


A few plans for the weekend…attending BIL’s memorial service, feeding and housing the kids.

Hope your weekend is filled with love and light.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...I am so sorry for all that you and your families are enduring. My heart and my prayers are with you EarthHeart. Sometimes that beautiful white blanket laid over the earth is for quiet, peaceful healing.

    And my letter that I'm tossing to you is "H"..because of your Homestead Hippie, your EarthHeart, everything around your life reflects HOME to me!
    Have a good weekend, enjoy the family time, and remember my prayers are with all of you.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy your blog. I too am from Northeast Ohio (Leetonia). Your pictures from Amish Country could've been taken in my back yard...my horses are the same colors as the ones you photographed. I'm sending prayers for the hardships you and yours are going through. May God's grace give you peace and healing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your family is going through some rough times. Thoughts and prayers with you all.

    ReplyDelete

I sure appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts. I may not always have time to respond or acknowledge them but I do read them all and highly value your presence here.

ShareThis

free web counter