Friday, November 14, 2008

Ohio Amish Country part 1 of 3

Yep, about a week ago we were invited on another trip to Kidron, Ohio to visit the world famous Lehman Brothers Hardware and venture further into Holmes county. As mentioned this time I took my camera with me, so pour yourself a cup of coffee, or maybe some hot tea or cocoa because I have pictures. Actually I'm not going to get them all uploaded tonight, so look for parts 2 and 3 in a day or so.

One thing, I'm warning you now before you get to the last picture, if you are squeamish about seeing dead critters turn back now. If you want to see the strangest thing I came across at the flea market, then by all means look. Don't worry, there's no blood and guts, just a critter.

Heading down Kidron Road we saw this...a rare sight in these parts.


After parking the van we decided to head over to the flea market before browsing the hardware. It was Thursday, auction day at the Kidron livestock auction. Here we have an Amish buggy pulling a cow wagon.

Buggies with wagons lined up for the auction.


and more buggies


a plethora of pumpkins


and other Fall lovelies



There's the guys taste testing apples


Sorry buddy, you're going on the auction block.


I just liked this picture...


and this one of these fellows waiting for the auction to begin. I also found humor in the guy lighting one up. Notice the no smoking sign to the right?


I walked by this coyote once and just thought it was just a sleeping dog. The second time around I realized it hadn't moved so I had to check it out. It just seemed weird to see a dead stuffed coyote laying there. Makes me go, "Huh!?"

That's it for now folks. I'll be back soon with a look inside Lehman's Hardware. You don't want to miss it!

2 comments:

  1. That coyote is weird! What a fun day ... and I can't wait to see the pics of Lehmans! I was just looking at the new catalogue again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Pics. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

I sure appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts. I may not always have time to respond or acknowledge them but I do read them all and highly value your presence here.

ShareThis

free web counter