Thursday, November 13, 2008

Simple Woman’s daybook

For Today...

Outside my window a gray November day. The leaves have now fallen from the maple tree outside our south window in the living room, the final tree to lose its leaves.

I am thinking of the holidays and going over my “to make” list.

I am thankful for...living in this old farmhouse where we have gravity forced heat which means I can stand atop these old iron registers and get really warm really quick.

From the kitchen...the scent of lavender as soap sets curing.

I am wearing...purple sweat pants and a dark green top…last nights jammies..

I am reading... still slowly working on The Old Herb Doctor and When All Hell Breaks Loose.

I am hoping...my kids and grandkids all feel better soon.

I am creating...still working on an afghan daily.

I am hearing...the sound of the furnace running and the hum of my computer.

Around the house... the floors will be swept today, bread and soup will be made, berries thawed for pies and Coop will be reminded to put the new license plate stickers on his car!

One of my favorite things...is knowing my family is well.

I am looking forward to…a simple day around the house, a little music on the stereo and a nice warm shower.

A few plans for the remainder of the week…making a couple more pairs of fingerless gloves and baking pies. I’m sure there is more, but I need more coffee to clear the head fog before they come to mind. : )

2 comments:

  1. You paint such a beautiful picture - really so very Fall and perfect. Much luck with the list, and enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely daybook entry! How peaceful and beautiful!

    Blessings!
    Lacy

    ReplyDelete

I sure appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts. I may not always have time to respond or acknowledge them but I do read them all and highly value your presence here.

ShareThis

free web counter