Tuesday, April 22, 2008

earth day 2008

Earth Day Everyday
picture by pcmkrfn at photobucket



Shhhhhh.

Can you hear?

Look around...

Can you see?

Breathe....

can you taste her fragrance?

She is speaking...

will you listen...

...listen and remember?

At long last I have come to know you again, my friend.
I knew you when I was small. I remember...
I cupped your cool earth in my hands, digging holes and making mud pies.
I knew the subtleness of your breath on my skin as I lay
under the stars, holding fireflies in the dark.

When did we drift
apart, you and I?
As I was growing up I think.
Wasn't it then that
I pulled away, forgetting you, thinking life was all about me?
Was it then that I stopped
noticing you and began taking from you with not a thought of appreciation or giving back.

Thank you for bringing me back,
slowing me down,
teaching me,
forgiving me.
Now I will teach my children's children to love and
honor you, to never forget you.
Perhaps they will do a better job
,
perhaps they will live in closer harmony with you
throughout their lives.
Perhaps they will take less and give more and
strengthen your resources
for a generation to come.

©S. Cooper (earth heart)



reduce-reuse-recycle-replenish




No comments:

Post a Comment

I sure appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts. I may not always have time to respond or acknowledge them but I do read them all and highly value your presence here.

ShareThis

free web counter