Tuesday, February 12, 2008

crocheted tea pot cosy

I have finished up a few crochet projects the past few days, one being a tea cozy. I've always wanted one and still need to make one for my larger pot, but I did get one made for my small teapot! I used Peaches and Cream 100% cotton yarn in peppermint. It reminded me more of valentine colors than peppermint and with the touch of pink it works well in my pink kitchen.

It's a basic pattern I made up as I went along for a custom fit, done in rows of half double stitches, aside from the row surrounding the spout which I did in double crochet. Simple, but effective. The top is drawn closed and tied by weaving a crocheted chain in and out. I added the "love" button just because it was cute and seemed appropriate...adds a little more positive chi to my chai, hee, hee.

1 comment:

  1. I'd just been thinking about wanting to make a tea cozy! Really cute! I like the drawstring-at-the-top design of yours. I think it adds something nice to what is usually just a meeting of seams.

    ReplyDelete

I sure appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts. I may not always have time to respond or acknowledge them but I do read them all and highly value your presence here.

ShareThis

free web counter