Sunday, August 12, 2012

let the creativity begin

ever since coop died and my daughter disowned me i have a real hard time whenever it gets near my birthday.  so today, despite starting the day in tears and depression, i set out to be somewhat productive.  i know from experience that the worst thing i can do when depression rears it's not so pretty head, is to get off my ass and do something.

i moved this, that and the other thing and finally became satisfied with the arrangement i had in the corner of our basement.  now i finally have my very own space where i can play with my beads and clay! 



 the wicker screen not only hides a storage area but provides a place to hang some of my creations.
the vintage stereo/record cabinet on the right makes a nice storage unit.  the wall above my art table is naked for now but i imagine that will eventually change.

 oden likes it a lot, too!

i love that the pegboard was already there making the perfect place to hang tools, wire and boards.

not a bad days work all things considered.  odd isn't it that the depression was my motivation?  just goes to show that a day doesn't have to end the way it began.

 


2 comments:

  1. So neat and organized! "Build it and they (the Muses in this case) with come..."
    Happy Birthday! Rejoice!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, thank you! i love the field of dreams reference. :)
      and i thank you so much for your comments and encouragement. you're a dear one.

      Delete

I sure appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts. I may not always have time to respond or acknowledge them but I do read them all and highly value your presence here.

ShareThis

free web counter