Thursday, October 30, 2008

ABC's

I saw this on Granny Sue’s blog and thought I'd give it a try as well.


A ~Aprons--y/n If y, what does your favorite look like? Yes, love them. My most used one is an old blue print bib apron stained from years of cooking, canning and baking. My favorite one is my pretty pink bib style that I made over the summer.


B ~ Baking--Favorite thing to bake? I like making casseroles and pies, but there’s not much better than the smell of bread baking.


C ~ Clothes line? Oh yes, one inside used from Spring right though Fall. Another one going up inside for winter.


D ~ Donuts—yes, once many years ago. Something I’d like to try again.


E ~ Everyday--One homemaking thing you do everyday? Only one? I have a morning ritual that includes wiping down the bathroom sink and commode, dusting off my desk and the coffee table and removing pet hair from the sofa and loveseat before I do anything else.


F ~ Freezer--Do you have a separate deep freeze? Yes, and it’s packed with good things from the summer harvest.


G ~ Garbage Disposer? No, but when you have a dog, two cats, two ducks and a compost bin who needs a garbage disposer?

H ~ Handbook--What is your favorite homemaking resource? Recipes; those for food as well as soap making, household cleaning, etc.


I ~ Ironing--Love it or Hate it? Or hate it but love the results? I don’t mind it at all, in fact can enjoy it but it’s something I seldom do these days. Ironing, like many things, can be a zen experience.


J ~ Junk Drawer--y/n? Where is it? Of course, tell me anyone who doesn’t have one! Mine is in the kitchen.


K ~ Kitchen--color and decorating scheme. Walls are light pink, wood trim is a light mocha. I think I would like to integrate some green. The atmosphere is my own, "eclectic farmhouse".


L ~ Love--what is your favorite part of homemaking? I love those days when I can just putter about the kitchen or spend a whole day cooking and creating. I also love the sense of accomplishment and appreciation I feel when I step back and take note of the comfortable and positive environment I’ve created.

M ~ Mop--y/n? Yes, two, one sponge mop for light work, one rag mop for serious mopping.


N ~ Nylons, machine or hand wash? Nylons!? No thank you. I can’t even remember the last time I wore them.


O ~ Oven--do you use the window or open the oven to check? I don’t use the oven light and window, I open the door.


P ~ Pizza--What do you put on yours? Not something we consume very often. When we do, prefer loaded with lots of onions and peppers, sausage or pepperoni or both, good sauce and provolone or a blend of cheeses.


Q ~ Quiet--What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment? I go into the living room and crochet or meditate, or go outside to the garden or take a walk around the property.


R ~ Recipe Card Box--y/n? What does it look like? Ha ha! I have my most used books on a shelf, but in the cupboard is a box full of my MIL’s old recipe books I haven’t been able to part with, plus a folder of loose recipes from the internet and friends, plus a berry basket full of my most beloved recipes.


S ~ Style of house--What style is your house? 108 year old basic two story farm house.


T ~Tablecloths or Place mats? Neither most of the time, but I do like using vintage tablecloths for special occasions.

U ~ Under the kitchen sink--organized or toxic wasteland? Uhmmm..somewhat organized but not a lot of toxins.


V ~ Vacuum--How many times per week? 1-2 times per week I vacuum the living room area rug. The rest of our floors I sweep with a broom or dust mop as they are not carpeted.


W ~ Wash--How many loads of laundry do you do per week? Two, unless I have bedding to wash. Then I have three.


X's--Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off? Almost always…it’s what keeps me focused and moving.


Y ~ Yard--y/n? yes, substantially sized despite two gardens.

ZZZ's ~ what is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed? Letting the dog out for the last time, turning off all the power strips, lowering the thermostat, locking the doors and making my list for the next day.


I hope to read your ABC's on your blog! Let me know if you decide to play.

4 comments:

  1. Nice to learn more about you. I wish I had your laundry pile..I average at least 2 loads a day :(
    Happy Halloween ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was fun! I played along and posted mine on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim - It will happen someday. :) Believe me, I've had my days of never ending laundry when the kids were young and still at home. I'll be the first one to admit, the work reduction is nice.

    Princess Jenni & Freak Magnet - Thanks for joining in the fun!

    ReplyDelete

I sure appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts. I may not always have time to respond or acknowledge them but I do read them all and highly value your presence here.

ShareThis

free web counter