- As an animal lover I always thought I'd like to work as a veterinarian's assistant or in some animal care position. Although I never so did professionally I have ended up taking in and caring for many animals in my lifetime. Among other things I have even sat up in the wee hours of morning with a distressed dog or cat, helping them deliver their young, breaking amniotic sacks and encouraging their nurturing instincts when they were at a loss as to what to do naturally.
- I worked for eleven years in an auto body supply business and am trained and certified in auto body paint, materials and safety and I know how to handle a paint gun…woo hoo! (And I'm glad to be out of that line of work!)
- I left school in the tenth grade and since then have never resumed any formal education although academic tests have revealed my equivalence to one who is college educated. I was never ambitious about having a career so a diploma never felt necessary. I consider life experience the best teacher. Aside from the previously mentioned interest in animal care and despite having various jobs through the years I have never wanted more than to be a stay at home woman tending to domestic duties and being creative.
- In my late 40's I decided to get a tattoo of a blue phoenix on my inner left lower arm. I love it. At nearly 50 on a whim I decided to get my right eyebrow pierced...just because I could. : ) Silliness maybe, but I don't regret either decision.
- I've always had an interest in natural methods of healing and well being. This led me to consider studying Reiki, an ancient mode of energy healing. Just last year I took my interest further and went from level two Reiki to being certified as a Reiki master.
- For me, having order in my life is necessary. On those rare occasions when I feel I have it all together within and without I feel wonderful sense of serenity. As noted, these occasions are rare since more often than not I find it difficult to quell my thoughts, imagination, creativity...not that I'd ever want to completely or permanently, but I think it would be nice if I had a little kill switch to use when plagued with excessive thinking
Friday, July 18, 2008
Granny Sue has tagged me to write six things about myself that others may not know. I'm not that interesting, so this may be tough but here goes...