Friday, November 2, 2007

It's no secret-LOA

Last week while my friend Vicki was here visiting, we had the opportunity to view "The Secret" together. As most know, it was a video about the law of attraction, how like attracts like and using the LOA to manifest the life we want. For us it was a refresher course in what we already were aware of. Actually, it was a very welcome and much needed reminder.

For a brief synopsis there are two main concepts. One is that there is a force (law of attraction) at work in the universe, (whether you call it God or Nature) that responds to our thoughts and energy. The other concept is that thoughts are things and the creative force behind what "happens" in our lives. Or as I always say, thought=action=result. I've studied this concept for several years, but had gotten out of the habit of practicing it. So being the open minded, willing participant in what I (from previous experience) already know works, I decided to take a few refresher notes while watching the video. And today, after reviewing my gratitude list, I thought, why not share the notes? They are posted as written.

Images/thoughts attract. Thoughts become things, sending a magnetic signal out, attracting like. Positive thoughts are far more powerful than negative. (Thank goodness!) Manifesting is not instant, allowing time to change your mind. You can always assess or reassess.

Most attract by default. Thoughts and feelings create your life and experience.

LOA is really obedient and always on.

Passion is key ingredient. Controlling feelings is easier than the impossible task of controlling thoughts.

Key Point-feeling good attracts more good feelings and good things. Shift emotions. Feeling creates the attraction.

Think of the universe as a big genie waiting to grant our wishes.

Be a deliberate creator:
(1) ask the universe and it will respond
(2)believe (in the unseen and your deservedness) without knowing how or when
(3) be open to receive, feel wonderful about it coming

Pay Attention!! When the universe nudges, act. Don't delay, don't guess, don't doubt.
"You don't have to see the whole stairway, just take the first step."- Martin Luther King

No rules; don't place time, place and other limitations and restrictions

Practice gratitude. What we think about and thank about we bring about.

Idea: carry a gratitude rock in your pocket daily. Whenever you take it out of or put it into your pocket, it reminds you to be grateful.

Visualize-if you've been there in your mind, you'll go there in the body.

Intend it to be.

Trust and act on inspired thought.

No one has the ability to control your happiness but you. Your joy is within you.

Do you treat yourself as you want others to treat you?

Fall in love with yourself.

Activism: don't be anti-war, be pro-peace.

It's not my job to change the world but to celebrate the world that exists.

Ask yourself, "So what?" Change your mind/your thoughts, change your life.

No regrets.

"The Secret" was very inspiring to watch and if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. So many seem to go through life being victims of circumstance and if anything, this video will at least inspire people to take more charge of their lives and happiness. For me, the result was very encouraging, and a positive reminder. Plus, I realized once again, that there is very little I desire or feel is lacking in my life. And I am working on what seems to be. :) I am back to starting my day with a gratitude list, spending moments thinking about how blessed I am. I am reminded of what I used to practice on a more regular basis...to look for the gifts that exist in what circumstances bring me...remembering to have the eyes to see.











No comments:

Post a Comment

I sure appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts. I may not always have time to respond or acknowledge them but I do read them all and highly value your presence here.

ShareThis

free web counter