Tuesday, August 31, 2010

i'm back with a new blog name

ok, i have had a lot of you wondering if i would ever be back.  well, i want to be and in fact will make every effort to return to a routine of pondering and posting.  :)  and, i offer my apologies for being gone so long.  as most of you know, (although i have picked up some new subscribers...welcome and thank you very much!) my husband of 30 years passed away in feb of 09.  it wasn't long afterward that i met a wonderful man and we have been together since.  in the process of the past year and a half i have grieved, loved, moved 125 miles away from my family and the country home i loved, grieved some more, given up my dog and two cats and had to contend with sharing a home with my new mil.  mark and i are not married but i refer to his mom as my mother in law because, to be honest,  i cannot think of another way to describe her that might not be offensive. so...it's been a crazy time for me over the past eighteen months.  but, i am finally beginning to settle and feel as if i have my bearings...more or less.  :)

sad to say (and what an adjustment it has been) i am living in a more suburban area than i would like.  but, it's outside the city limits, (just barely) and with mature oaks, lots of little wild things and very good neighbors.  ultimately, i can't complain, except about "mother", but that's another story, one which you will be spared because i'm just considerate that way.  :D

i thought it only appropriate that the title of my blog be changed.  so rather than 'from my homestead' you see it's 'homestead hippie at heart', cuz to be sure, you can take the girl out of the country but you can't take the country out of the girl.  

that's about it for now and when i have something to say or share, you can be sure i will.  in the meantime a BIG hello to old friends and new.  i've missed you!

9 comments:

  1. welcome back to the blog neighborhood! Have missed you. Understand the mother thing as I have similar stories I don't share. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks peggy and good to be back! i sympathize. it's not easy especially under the same roof. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you are inspired once more to write and create. It's good to 'see' you again! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you back at it...it has been one difficult period of adjustment for you and everyone who loves you and has watched you go through such paramount changes. I am hopeful that things are looking up and grateful that you have Mark in your life. Welcome Back.I like the new name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks rainbow tree and susan. even after a year there is adjusting and accepting on a daily basis in order to be fully present, but then, that is life. :) thanks for your support and taking the time to welcome me back to the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!! I am SOOO happy to see you back writing!! I just read one of your last posts the other day and said to myself how much I wish that you would come back and let us know how you are doing. I am also happy that you have found love again in your life. I too know what it is to have to keep moving when you want to stop after loss, and heartache. But these things pass and we each have to deal with them in our own way. I will look forward to your next update. And again, a BIG welcome back!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @LS47 - thank you for your enthusiastic welcome back! :) thank you, thank you, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. (Can you see me jumping up and down and clapping ?)


    Really glad to see you back here...no matter what you're called now! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I sure appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts. I may not always have time to respond or acknowledge them but I do read them all and highly value your presence here.

ShareThis

free web counter