Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Why Iraqi Farmers Might Prefer Death to Order 81 (or why I hate Monsanto)

Heard about the thousands of farmer suicides in India? Well, Iraqi farmers may be next thanks to the work of U.S. diplomat Paul Bremer and his Monsanto friends. If you care at all about the future of agriculture, (and we all should since we depend on it) this article is very relevant.

I am appalled and enraged by what industries such as Monsanto are allowed to get away with in the name of science when the fact is it is about nothing more than monopolization and greed. In my opinion Monsanto should be held responsible for the deaths of not only the thousands and thousands of farmers whose lives have been destroyed, but also, if as they proceed, (which they likely will as long as our administration is in bed with these corporate giants), for the inevitable collapse of the independent farming industry worldwide.

read more | digg story

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sure appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts. I may not always have time to respond or acknowledge them but I do read them all and highly value your presence here.

ShareThis

free web counter